In my last post, I wrote about how to re-configure your build agents after you have moved your TFS server from one machine to another. Well, it worked for most of our build agents but for one. The server didn't have any entry for the the registry key
and in <add key="AllowedTeamServer" value="" /> setting in the tfsbuildservice.exe.config file. I tried to change the value in the config file to the new server and from everywhere I could find in registry but nothing worked.
I found that TFS also maintain settings in the registry entry
where, S-1-5-21-3665379455-301544577-1723053213-1110 is the ID of the user under whose context the Team Foundation Server Build service is running.
I added keys for Build\Service and a string value for setting "AllowedTeamServer" - giving the name of the new TFS server in the setting value. Restarted the server and the build agent started working.