- Automatically make a backup copy of the form template
- Make the necessary changes to the .xsf file and XML template file to make the form fully trusted
- Update the version number of the form template
- Package the files in the .xsn CAB file format
- Create a custom installation program for installing the fully trusted form
Now, the RegForm uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (Visual Studio 8) to create the installer and won't work if you have Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010 installed on your machine. Well, there is a heck around it. The following registry setting contains the path to the latest version of visual studio installed on your machine
If you change the setting from "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" or "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" to "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe", assuming you have visual studio 2005 installed on your machine, the RegForm tool would work correctly.